In todays lesson we were told we were making our very own Top Trump Card(Business/Trading card) We were told to go into InDesign CS3 which is a desktop publishing programme. We then had to open a document so that we can make the height(88mm) and the width(68mm) of it the right size for the card. We had to do the margins too(0.8mm)
We used a varity of tools to create our Top Trump Card.:
Selection- Selects and moves objects
Pen- Draws straight lines and flowing curves
Type- Creates text
Pencil- Draws freeform paths
Lines- Draws lines, arcs, spirals and grids
Rectangle- Draws rectangles, ellipses and polygons
Rotate- Rotates, reflects and twists objects
Eyedropper- Selects colour, stroke and applied effects of an object
Gradient- Fills in objects with blends of two or more colours
Button tool- Creates multicoloured, contoured objects for 3D-like effects
Fills- Fills area with colour
Stroke- Colour of stroke pattern
To paste the picture in I had to use the 'Rectangle' then press file and place a picture inside the rectangle. I then started to describe my figurine, i wrote:
'Two-Faced' has bright colourful hair. Hes mouth is tilted with a smile. Hes got one big blue eye and one small pink eye. Hes personality is fun and energetic though at time can be quite a trouble maker. I made all the writing different colours to go with the whole crazy and fun theme. I wrote down that i was the creator and my email. The background was just black so I put abit of colour for the background so it didnt look so bland.
For my Other card I did a similar layout instead i wrote down his abilities:
Strength: 15%
Height: 10cm
Intelligence: 90%
Speed: 98%
Fighting Skills: 75%
Noise level: 80%
I then prinited them out and stuck them in my sketch book. Overall i enjoyed working in InDesign to create my Top Trump card. I felt confident about designing the card because i knew roughly what i wanted(colourful and fun).
I feel very happy about my card and what i have achieved, im happy that ive learnt new things and that if i ever want to go back to it i know what to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment