Friday, 28 November 2008

Creating JAKATERIA

In todays lesson we started to design our figurines. I descided to make mine out of material. I drew out the outline of my figurine onto a white sheet of fabric and then cut it out twice so I had two shapes. I then started to sew them both together with a needle and thread. I then pulled it inside out and stuffed it with wool. I started adding different types of fabric onto it for clothes eg. green, white and blacked checked. I sewed on a big blue button for the left eye and a small pink button for the right eye. I sewed in a blue smile for the mouth and added a crazy colourful hat to look like the hair. I then called it JAKATERIA.

At the begining I had an idea of what I wanted to do but it didnt look right at first, I was dissapointed so I just stapled it into my sketch book. After a while I had got an idea and started adding clothes to it then I added the eyes, it started to look more realistic and I was on a bit of a role.

Apart from having the slight problem and doubt of my work, I enjoyed making my figurine. It was fun putting everything together and watching it build into something that was quite good. I am proud of my work and would do it again.

No comments: